Thursday, March 28, 2013

Letter to a stranger

It came to me yesterday, in a flash.
As the miserable, lonely night ticked away into oblivion,
As the morning mist fogged up my windows,
As the merciless sun rose higher up in the sky,
It came to me slowly like that-
Over the years, over all of eternity.
This bizarre, unacceptable truth.
But then it can't possibly be.
You and me.
We are only figments of each other's imagination.
We are not real, never meant to be.
And I knew I didn't wanna pine for you,
But then I already was.

The day begins and ends on the same note.
People stand still, while life passes them by.
If someone asks me how I fare,
I smile and reply that I do well.
But you never come back, nor turn around.
You are gone a long, long way from home.
On a never-ending quest, headed for the unknown.
While I sit by the window, reading a book.
Listening to the music of the raindrops outside.
I know I am, but, a forgotten memory.
But my silly little heart, it won't understand.
And I realize, I didn't wanna pine for you.
But then I already was.

You were but a beautiful stranger I met.
On a dismal, wintry day a long time back.
Along the desolate highway, we walked-
And talked about the forever kind of love.
And then you waved goodbye with a smile that took my breath away.
But I didn't let it show and waved right back, 
Hiding away the tears I couldn't possibly shed.
You became a distant dot in the western horizon
While I stood there watching you shrink even smaller.
And I knew I wouldn't pine for you.
Not at all. Not then. Not ever.
But then I already was.
And it was too late to stop.


Photobucket

12 comments:

Dil se said...

Very beautiful lines !!
It is okay if I print these for my journal?

Samadrita said...

Hi Dil se! I am glad you like the lines but printing them elsewhere depends on whether I get credit for them or not.
What kind of journal is it?

Alka Gurha said...

Welcome back. Loved the poem.

Samadrita said...

@Alka:- Thanks for reading. :) I don't think I'll be back to blogging permanently. Maybe once in a while when I have the time or have an idea in my head, I'll publish it here. Good to say hi to you over this platform.

Vinita Kherdekar said...

This is wonderful Sam.Miss your posts. You should write often.

Lazy Pineapple

Dil se said...

It is my hardbook journal where I keep prints of poem I loved. Obviously I'll print with your blog header and name as the owner and author.

Samadrita said...

@Lazy P:- Glad to see you again too. I was surprised to find that you vanished from the blogging scene without notice. :(

@Dil se:- Alright then you can. :) I hope you didn't mind me asking what kind of journal it is. Plagiarism is a big problem that has afflicted the blogoverse for quite some time now. And my posts haven't been immune from such assaults either. Which is why I was asking.
Glad to know you liked the poem enough to want to save it for your journal. :)

NesQuarX said...

Wow, I identify with this one... wow.

Vijai said...

Holy wow! that's some writing!

Ichigo Furukawa said...

Hi Sammy! (It's me, Ayu!) I'm back into the blogosphere~ (with a diff. blog and a diff. blog name this time~) Hope to talk with you soon! ^^ ♥

http://strawberrymelonjuice.blogspot.com/

Samadrita said...

@NesQuarX:- Good to know that. :)

@Vijai:- Glad you liked it. :)

@Ichigo:- Hey Ayu! Following your blog right away. Sorry I don't log in with this account as often as I used to.

A S said...

Lovely poem, loved the emotions weaved in b'ful lines!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...